Measina is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. Measina has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and support the role that the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission plays.
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Measina holds, and the way we handle that information
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Measina, and
- enhance the transparency of Measina’s operations.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. We have addressed how we manage the personal information of customers, employees and suppliers separately below.
Queries Complaints Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish do to do so please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make provide your complaint in writing to our one of the addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail or phone to
Measina Treasures of Samoa
524 Morris Road
Truganina, VIC 3029
Phone: +614 158 24 943
Measina respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What Information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, demographic information like gender, age, relationship status and so on, products you are interested in, where you shop, what you buy, who you shop for, where else you like to shop, what loyalty programs you belong to.
How We Collect Information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- fill out application forms; or
- submit your personal details through our website.
We also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others, who disclose to their users that the users’ personal information is provided to businesses like Measina.
We usually only retain unsolicited information about our customers when dealing with a customer enquiry or complaint or where we conduct an investigation. For example, your image may be present on CCTV footage that also records a fall of another customer in one of our Stores.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and layby orders and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Combine or compile with publicly available information for the processing or creation of marketing offers and information;
- Personalising our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, eg. credit card information;
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs, such as planning for future store locations;
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors; and
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, predominantly to the Pacific Region, including where:
- we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas;
- we, or our related bodies corporate, have offices overseas;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner, in accordance with Measina’s Document Retention and Destruction Policy.
Your Privacy choices
Where feasible, you can interact with Measina anonymously or using a pseudonym. This will mean that there are some products and services that you will not be able to enjoy. These include layby, online shopping and better access to product offers likely to be of a more direct interest to you personally.
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our Direct Marketing email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options contained in our emails.
You can opt out of device tracking by de selecting the option in your account, go to my account
Ordering products from Measina Online is designed to be as simple as possible, while still providing security and privacy for all your details. You can pay for goods using a credit card or paypal and we only store credit card information where absolutely necessary to process your payment securely. Credit card data is held in encrypted form and complies to the highest security standards prescribed for data of this kind.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Email and SMS Subscription Lists
Measina currently have an electronic Direct Marketing (eDM) email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our eDM, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. We also use search engine and social media sites to make marketing offers which may be of interest to you. Our marketing subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. eNEWS You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our marketing communications to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2013C00021
Measina collects personal information from current, future and past employees directly and from third parties who have agreed to provide human resources related services to Measina. We may collect sensitive information such as information about your health where necessary. Measina uses this personal information to provide employment related services like Employee Assistance Programs, Professional Development and Coaching, Remuneration & Payroll, Injury Support, Redeployment Services, Fraud Prevention and Debt Collection through a third party delivery model. Third parties are engaged to provide some of these services and in doing so are all contractually obliged to comply with the Privacy Act.
Measina collects personal information from job applicants directly and from third parties who have agreed to provide those applicants with a professional or personal reference and from organisations which provide recruitment related services to Measina. Measina also relies on word of mouth and personal referrals in its recruitment activities.
As part of any job application process your consent to collect and use your information in this manner will be sought.
The kinds of personal information we may collect include your name, address, contact details, employment and academic histories, and the names of your referees.
What information we collect and how we use it
If you send us an application or a resume for a job, we will use your personal information (including, where necessary, sensitive information such as information relating to your health) to assess your application and may disclose this information to recruitment agencies and other third party service providers for purposes such as aptitude, psychological and medical testing. These third party service providers are predominantly located in Australia.
Measina uses the feedback and results from such third party services in making current and future employment decisions.
Measina will use information you provide regarding your prior employment history to seek further information about you from referees.
Measina uses recruitment related information for:
- Communicating with employment candidates, including responding to queries and complaints;
- Undertaking market research, data analysis and segmentation of the job market, candidate profiles and recruitment outcomes.
Measina collects information from its suppliers in relation to sourcing and purchase of its products and provision of services to Measina or its customers. This information is collected for business related purposes but does contain some limited personal information related to the name and contact details of the people that it deals with at its suppliers and service providers. The information will usually be collected directly from the supplier but may also be provided by third party sourcing agencies or business contacts.
Where the supplier provides products for Measina’s stores, this information may be shared with Measina’s related entities that are located overseas in the Pacific Region. Measina and its related entities will hold this information securely and will only disclose it for business related purposes.
The information is used for activities such as
- Sourcing and acquiring products for Measina;
- Product innovation and quality control;
- Communicating with Suppliers;
- Investigation of complaints;
- Maintaining and keeping our suppliers’ information current and as accurate as possible.
- Queries Complaints Access and Correction