We love eating chocolatey decadent food so today it is no wonder that we have added a chocolate twist to the normal banana bread we are all used to. The bread is delicious by itself but is also amazing slathered in butter with a hot cup of cacao tea. We were able to freeze portions of the bread successfully so you can make a bunch and save some for another day. So here is our recipe for Banana Cacao Nib Bread.
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (~1-1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao nibs (we prefer Living Koko Cacao Nibs)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk in the eggs. Then add the sugar, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the cacao nibs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the centre and it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then take it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!