Samoa is a beautiful island with lots of amazing things to see and do. However, it's important to remember that we need to take care of the environment when we travel there. Here are some simple tips that can help you do just that:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Remember the three R's! When you're travelling to Samoa, try to bring as little plastic as possible. Bring your own reusable water bottle and say no to plastic straws. If you do use plastic, make sure to dispose of it properly in recycling bins.
- Respect the wildlife - Samoa has a lot of amazing animals and plants that you won't find anywhere else in the world. Don't disturb the animals or their habitats. Don't pick flowers or touch animals unless you're instructed to do so by a tour guide.
- Save water - Samoa is a tropical island, which means it can get very hot and dry. Make sure you're not wasting water while you're there. Take shorter showers, turn off the tap while brushing your teeth, and don't leave the water running while you're washing dishes.
- Use eco-friendly products - When you're packing for your trip, try to bring products that are eco-friendly. Look for soaps, shampoos, and detergents that are biodegradable and don't contain harmful chemicals.
- Support local businesses - When you're travelling to Samoa, try to support local businesses as much as possible. This helps to boost the local economy and reduce the carbon footprint of your trip. Buy souvenirs from local artisans and eat at local restaurants that serve locally sourced food.
- Learn about the culture - Samoa has a rich cultural heritage that's worth exploring. Take the time to learn about the customs and traditions of the Samoan people. This will help you to appreciate the culture and the environment even more.
By following these simple tips, you can help to preserve the environment in Samoa and make your trip a more sustainable one. Have fun exploring this beautiful island paradise!
If you liked this blog make sure to read 5 Ways Samoa has Changed in 10 Years.