We are all about quality food that is easy to make and tastes amazing. We have discovered some delicious food that is easy to make when you are in a hurry but don’t want to eat oil laden fast food. Enjoy making and eating this Jerk Chicken with Linseed Chia Bread.
Jerk Chicken Wings
RawSpiceBar’s Scotch Bonnet Jerk
1 onion chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
700gm chicken wings
6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it come to room temperature
- Place RawSpiceBar’s Scotch Bonnet Jerk, onion, scallion, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, salt, brown sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth. We didn’t have a food processor so we just used a nutribullet.
- Add chicken wings to zipped bag and our in marinade. Seal bag, removing air, and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn grill to high heat. Once hot, place wings directly on grill and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
Linseed Chia Bread
3 large free range eggs
½ cup Greek yoghurt (or coconut milk for dairy free)
6 tbsp melted coconut oil (or grassfed butter)
1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C (if fan forced). Line or grease a small-med sized loaf tin
- In a metal bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, yoghurt and cider vinegar until light and fluffy
- Add dry ingredients and combine
- Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 30 mins or until cooked
Slice the bread and place on a tray alongside the jerk chicken for an easy and healthy home cooked meal that tastes delicious!