Jerk Chicken Wings with Linseed Chia Bread
We are all about quality food that is easy to make and tastes amazing. We have discovered some delicious food that is easy to make when you are in a hurry but don’t want to eat oil laden fast food. Enjoy making and eating this Jerk Chicken with Linseed Chia Bread.
Jerk Chicken Wings
RawSpiceBar’s Scotch Bonnet Jerk
1 onion chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
700gm chicken wings
6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it come to room temperature
- Place RawSpiceBar’s Scotch Bonnet Jerk, onion, scallion, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, salt, brown sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth. We didn’t have a food processor so we just used a nutribullet.
- Add chicken wings to zipped bag and our in marinade. Seal bag, removing air, and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn grill to high heat. Once hot, place wings directly on grill and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Move chicken to indirect heat and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
Linseed Chia Bread
3 large free range eggs
½ cup Greek yoghurt (or coconut milk for dairy free)
6 tbsp melted coconut oil (or grassfed butter)
1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C (if fan forced). Line or grease a small-med sized loaf tin
- In a metal bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, yoghurt and cider vinegar until light and fluffy
- Add dry ingredients and combine
- Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 30 mins or until cooked
Slice the bread and place on a tray alongside the jerk chicken for an easy and healthy home cooked meal that tastes delicious!